SPECIAL SIDE EVENT: FOOD PRODUCT CONTEST
The Food Science and Nutrition Research Directorate at Ethiopian Pubic Health Institute is proud to host the first national food innovation contest as a side event of the National Nutrition Conference which will be held in November 2021. The objective of this contest is to stimulate innovations in new product development, nurture entrepreneurial spirits and create links between innovators and manufacturers in order to introduce new products to the market.
The competition invites students, researchers and product developers of new food and beverage products with the potential to scale up and commercialize.
Applicants should submit summary of the description of their product in a maximum of 350 words which is accompanied with product pictures. A maximum of two products can be submitted by an applicant. The application can be submitted through the below e-mail with the subject "product innovation contestÔÇØ. Applicants should state their affiliated institution/organization/company in their application. Selected finalists should come with the actual product to the contest on the date that will be announced later.
- Novelty of the products
- Focus on indigenous food products
- Considerations on ingredient selection
- Contribution to nutritional challenges (micronutrient deficiency and other nutritional problems) of the population
- Scalability and ease of commercialization
- Application deadline: September 19, 2021
- Notification of best five innovators: Three weeks before the National Nutrition conference date.
- Presentation of the best five innovators to panel of experts: to be announced
Submission e-mail: email@example.com